What It Is (posts below left; rate sheet, client list, other stuff below right)

My name is Bob Land. I am a full-time freelance editor and proofreader, and occasional indexer. This blog is my website.

You'll find my rate sheet and client list here, as well as musings on the life of a freelancer; editing, proofreading, and indexing concerns and issues; my ongoing battles with books and production; and the occasional personal revelation.

Feel free to contact me directly with additional questions: landondemand@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting. Leave me a comment. Come back often.

Monday, September 29, 2008

all's well that ends

The index is off to the author, the press took my comments in stride, they can accommodate the extra roughly 20 percent length that the book required in its index, and I'm back to proofreading a simple enough book. Ah, the simple pleasures. Now if I could just get paid. Yeah, this sound economy we're living in.

Oh, and one of my dogs has an odd reaction to flea medication. Makes him jumpy as hell. Runs around aimlessly for a few days until it works out of his system. Considering he was referred to once by a meter reader as a "fat little booger," I guess the exercise isn't hurting him any, although it's driving my wife and I nuts. And he's here in the bunker now, almost literally bouncing off walls. I wonder if he'd notice the difference between rum and water in his dish. . . .

Back to work, and that's not a bad thing.

No comments: