What It Is (posts below left; rate sheet, client list, other stuff below right)

My name is Bob Land. I am a full-time freelance editor and proofreader, and occasional indexer. This blog is my website.

You'll find my rate sheet and client list here, as well as musings on the life of a freelancer; editing, proofreading, and indexing concerns and issues; my ongoing battles with books and production; and the occasional personal revelation.

Feel free to contact me directly with additional questions: landondemand@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting. Leave me a comment. Come back often.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Fortune Cookies: 0 for 2

"A dark-haired woman will soon be giving you a gift."

"You have a charming way with words and should write a book."

I suspect one's not gonna happen, and there's no way the other's ever gonna happen.

UPDATE: Within a week of receiving these fortune cookies, a dark-haired woman gave me a gift because of my "charming way with words." And that is no joke.

13 comments:

darkfoam said...

ahhhh haha hahahahaha lol ..
well, i'm dark haired all right ..

Aunty Belle said...

I knowed it--ya' had it in ya all long. Congratulations. Now, about that OTHER fortune cookie?

Git to scribblin'!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! As to the "As I was saying" post:

1) Yes, the leftist media oligarchy WILL viciously attack Mr. Romney's religion IF he gets the Republican Nomination. While ignoring the fact that Harry (Cowboy Poetry Scarecrow) Reid shares that religion.

2) While individual Presbyterians and Episcopalians might be saved, those Churches can no longer be considered Christian.

moi said...

Whoa . . .

czar said...

Foam: Never had a fortune cookie play out quite like that. Maybe I should play the lottery numbers on the reverse, although I think I've tossed the paper by now.

Aunty: Thanks, but no thanks.

Moi: No worries. I could delete the comment, but leaving it up serves my purposes far better.

moi said...

No, I meant, whoa . . . to the dark haired girl thing.

czar said...

Whoa is me, then.

moi said...

Whoa, Nellie.

Jenny said...

Congrats! And I like your pick of "SLEEP." I'll be back on Monday.

czar said...

Thanks, Boxer. Monday's going to be a challenge. Everyone's so good. I'll try to get some sleep in preparation.

chickory said...

congratulations on you Haiku win! im glad you are in the game.

chickory said...

your

czar said...

Chickory:

Thanks. The comments section is now open for Monday's contest. Hope to see you there.