What It Is (posts below left; rate sheet, client list, other stuff below right)

My name is Bob Land. I am a full-time freelance editor and proofreader, and occasional indexer. This blog is my website.

You'll find my rate sheet and client list here, as well as musings on the life of a freelancer; editing, proofreading, and indexing concerns and issues; my ongoing battles with books and production; and the occasional personal revelation.

Feel free to contact me directly with additional questions: landondemand@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting. Leave me a comment. Come back often.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wednesday's Prodigious Passive Prize Goes to . . .

"On the one hand, it may be argued that the determination of the minor islands to be left under Japanese sovereignty required by the Potsdam Proclamation had been made by the treaty."

2 comments:

moi said...

Don't you hate it when you get mired in that Twilight Zone of verbal obfuscation in which repeated readings only entangle you further in the neck-strangling strands of bewilderment and the words, they become less and less clear and more and more abstract, devolving into pure sound and symbol, like the babble orchestrated by a room full of two year olds?

In other words: HUH?

czar said...

Moi:

Uh-huh.