What It Is (posts below left; rate sheet, client list, other stuff below right)

My name is Bob Land. I am a full-time freelance editor and proofreader, and occasional indexer. This blog is my website.

You'll find my rate sheet and client list here, as well as musings on the life of a freelancer; editing, proofreading, and indexing concerns and issues; my ongoing battles with books and production; and the occasional personal revelation.

Feel free to contact me directly with additional questions: landondemand@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting. Leave me a comment. Come back often.

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Protecting That Brand


I'm talking about Drano, and not because the current manuscript makes me want to drink it. 

The current manuscript does, however, mention the product, so I am doing my little A-student copyeditor thing and checking the proper treatment of the brand name online.

All the text says "Drano." All the labels say "Drāno."

I'm going with the text. It's just interesting that the folks at S. C. Johnson and Sons show the pronunciation in the label -- a nod to something or another, or maybe the folks didn't want such a product carrying what might otherwise be the pronunciation. "Drah-no" sounds a bit ambivalent for poison.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

No comments: