What It Is (posts below left; rate sheet, client list, other stuff below right)

My name is Bob Land. I am a full-time freelance editor and proofreader, and occasional indexer. This blog is my website.

You'll find my rate sheet and client list here, as well as musings on the life of a freelancer; editing, proofreading, and indexing concerns and issues; my ongoing battles with books and production; and the occasional personal revelation.

Feel free to contact me directly with additional questions: landondemand@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting. Leave me a comment. Come back often.

Saturday, January 24, 2009

My Final Demand Studios Comment

Anonymous commented on my blog on 1/3/2009:

If you want to proof titles, send an e-mail with your resume to: TitlingTeam@demandstudios.com

They will send you a link to take a test. If you pass the test, and are immediately hired. They pay .08 per title. You proof 20 titles per page, and some proofers can edit the titles in 5 minutes. So, you can make up to $20 per hour doing. Not bad for flexible online work. They have hired many title proofers that don't have near your experience. If you pass the test, you are hired. Simple as that.

=================

"Simple as that." Except when you don't hear from them. Ever. Gee, it couldn't be that they don't want to hire someone whose blog posts trashing them show up when others are doing searches for Demand Studios, could it? At this point, you can listen for the sounds of me washing my hands of the whole deal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?

czar said...

New or used?