What It Is (posts below left; rate sheet, client list, other stuff below right)

My name is Bob Land. I am a full-time freelance editor and proofreader, and occasional indexer. This blog is my website.

You'll find my rate sheet and client list here, as well as musings on the life of a freelancer; editing, proofreading, and indexing concerns and issues; my ongoing battles with books and production; and the occasional personal revelation.

Feel free to contact me directly with additional questions: landondemand@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting. Leave me a comment. Come back often.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Author testimonial

"I am doing the final editing that Bob sent me today and I think he is just super in the way he treats my work." --from a romance novelist publishing her twelfth book, reporting to the designer/project manager

3 comments:

moi said...

So, how many heaving cleavages and aching loins did you have to la, la, la, la, la your way through? I can't imagine that after the 200 million years the genre's been in existence, there could possibly be anything new to say in a romance novel. But if anyone could copy edit one to palatability, it would be you!

czar said...

To per's credit, the words "heaving" and "loins" did not appear a single time. It was a rather Puritanical piece; plenty of kissing, and the main couple only consummated their relationship after weeks of verbal foreplay, which pretty much included a marriage proposal during the second or third conversation between the two. Much heat, not much in the way of physical fireworks.

And don't forget, if it weren't for people continuing to write about Jesus and God, I'd largely be out of work. There's been a lot more ink spilled on theology than there has been on romance novels, and I hope they both continue to heave for a long, long time.

moi said...

Now, that's an interesting statistic. So, pretty much, then, you copy edit the world!