What It Is (posts below left; rate sheet, client list, other stuff below right)

My name is Bob Land. I am a full-time freelance editor and proofreader, and occasional indexer. This blog is my website.

You'll find my rate sheet and client list here, as well as musings on the life of a freelancer; editing, proofreading, and indexing concerns and issues; my ongoing battles with books and production; and the occasional personal revelation.

Feel free to contact me directly with additional questions: landondemand@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting. Leave me a comment. Come back often.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Perhaps It's Bad Blogging Form

But through feedjit I see that I have what I presume is one person who regularly checks in from the Russian Federation. I'd love to know who you are and what brought you here and what brings you back. If you don't feel comfortable leaving a comment -- even anonymously -- feel free to email me at the address in the righthand column.



But most important, the last thing I want to do is scare you away. I know that I've stopped patronizing restaurants in the past as soon as I was pegged as a regular and my orders became predictable. Some people strive for such recognition. I'd often rather just be one of the crowd. Don't point out that you know I'm there.

And I think I've mentioned it in the past. I am of half-Russian heritage. Even linked with a somewhat notorious figure in Russian history. For all I know, it's a long-lost cousin keeping tabs on me.

So . . . my Russian friend, or my expat buddy. What's up?

No comments: