What It Is (posts below left; rate sheet, client list, other stuff below right)

My name is Bob Land. I am a full-time freelance editor and proofreader, and occasional indexer. This blog is my website.

You'll find my rate sheet and client list here, as well as musings on the life of a freelancer; editing, proofreading, and indexing concerns and issues; my ongoing battles with books and production; and the occasional personal revelation.

Feel free to contact me directly with additional questions: landondemand@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting. Leave me a comment. Come back often.

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Karma? You Decide


We then engaged Ed Thompson, who did a masterful job of translating the document into English, and Bod Land, who performed the editorial tasks to make it sing.

Funny thing is, I saw this typo at indexing stage (it had been correct earlier) and pointed it out. Supposedly the error was corrected before the file was sent to the printer. Some things are just meant to be.



2 comments:

moi said...

Perhaps you should adopt Bod as a moniker. You know, like Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

Bob "The Bod" Land.

"All you unruly commas and semi-colons, don't you be messin' with The Bod . . ."

czar said...

Moi: "Between the idea and the reality falls the shadow."

To have my physique associated with anything closely resembling a moniker like "the Bod" would define cognitive dissonance.

I'm told the typo will be corrected on the second printing, which is a laugh. Not like the books I work on go back to the press that often.

As a managing editor once said, "Our only hope for this book is that the sales exceed the page count."