What It Is (posts below left; rate sheet, client list, other stuff below right)

My name is Bob Land. I am a full-time freelance editor and proofreader, and occasional indexer. This blog is my website.

You'll find my rate sheet and client list here, as well as musings on the life of a freelancer; editing, proofreading, and indexing concerns and issues; my ongoing battles with books and production; and the occasional personal revelation.

Feel free to contact me directly with additional questions: landondemand@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting. Leave me a comment. Come back often.

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Things I Don't Read Every Day

A very short first-person account from the daughter of the gentleman who illustrated Abbie Hoffman's Steal This Book. (She was just establishing her parentage. The account had nothing to do with the book.) If I haven't mentioned Abbie Hoffman or Steal This Book yet in my (dear god) going into nine years of this blog [can that be right?], shame on me. Both were very influential on me as a yute. So thanks to the illustrator and his coauthor, and congratulations to his daughter.



I didn't read this book quite as much as Catcher in the Rye, and I'd be curious to see which has held up better over time for me. Having peered through the latter a year or so ago, Mr. Hoffman may be the default winner. I could be wrong.

No comments: