What It Is (posts below left; rate sheet, client list, other stuff below right)

My name is Bob Land. I am a full-time freelance editor and proofreader, and occasional indexer. This blog is my website.

You'll find my rate sheet and client list here, as well as musings on the life of a freelancer; editing, proofreading, and indexing concerns and issues; my ongoing battles with books and production; and the occasional personal revelation.

Feel free to contact me directly with additional questions: landondemand@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting. Leave me a comment. Come back often.

Friday, November 14, 2008

Quote from the current project

Every book I work on seems to have (at least) one sentence or concept that jumps out at me as being fun or interesting or stated in a particularly pithy way. Not that I always agree with the statement or care about its content (to me, content is tertiary at best at this point), but I'm going to try to remember to pull one statement out of each project to post here.

Today's entry:

Unfortunately my religious education was pretty awful. I think my mother and father really didn’t realize how much Catholic education had changed soon after Vatican II. They really didn’t realize how much content had been sucked out of Catholic education at that point. It mostly consisted of, “God loves me and let’s make felt banners.”

No comments: