What It Is (posts below left; rate sheet, client list, other stuff below right)

My name is Bob Land. I am a full-time freelance editor and proofreader, and occasional indexer. This blog is my website.

You'll find my rate sheet and client list here, as well as musings on the life of a freelancer; editing, proofreading, and indexing concerns and issues; my ongoing battles with books and production; and the occasional personal revelation.

Feel free to contact me directly with additional questions: landondemand@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting. Leave me a comment. Come back often.

Friday, November 28, 2008

Sweet words at a needed time

From a new client:

Dear Bob:

There is nothing like reading the corrections of a professional copyeditor to make you say, "Now why didn't I see that?" (Oh dear, is there a period at the end of the previous sentence?)

I thank you for finding things that I think we should have caught, as well as making modifications that required your knowledge and expertise.

Your suggestions for some rewriting are right on target, and I think the author will find them useful and worth following.

Thank you for doing a fine job quickly. I look forward to working with you in the future.

Sincerely,

xxx

No comments: