What It Is (posts below left; rate sheet, client list, other stuff below right)

My name is Bob Land. I am a full-time freelance editor and proofreader, and occasional indexer. This blog is my website.

You'll find my rate sheet and client list here, as well as musings on the life of a freelancer; editing, proofreading, and indexing concerns and issues; my ongoing battles with books and production; and the occasional personal revelation.

Feel free to contact me directly with additional questions: landondemand@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting. Leave me a comment. Come back often.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Quote from the current project

For my son and the industrialist:

Train travel in the “Gay Nineties” was anything but swift. On another of his treks Whitsitt noted, “The distance from Raleigh to Greensboro is 81 miles and the regular time in which to traverse it is 8 hours & a half. We left Greensboro at 11:00 P.M., but we failed to make the time, but we were only one hour & a half late. We reached Raleigh at 9 A.M.”

No comments: