What It Is (posts below left; rate sheet, client list, other stuff below right)

My name is Bob Land. I am a full-time freelance editor and proofreader, and occasional indexer. This blog is my website.

You'll find my rate sheet and client list here, as well as musings on the life of a freelancer; editing, proofreading, and indexing concerns and issues; my ongoing battles with books and production; and the occasional personal revelation.

Feel free to contact me directly with additional questions: landondemand@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting. Leave me a comment. Come back often.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Quote from the current project

"So long as a man is not horrified at himself, he knows nothing of himself." --P. D. Ouspensky

2 comments:

moi said...

Dang it, quit posting so much. I can't keep up. I'm still back there with the Emigrate versus Immigrate post. And glad that, for once in my 40-uh-oh years of life and thanks to your commentor, I think I finally get it.

czar said...

Well, good. You can explain it to me. I know where he's coming from, so to speak, but I'm still not sure it's a distinction worth getting worked up over.

Quoting William Burroughs: "As one judge said to the other: 'Be just. If you can't be just, be arbitrary.'"